Sunday, February 2, 2014

Printed Parts Delivery case closed on eBay update

Hi all,
after ordering the parts things seemed to go so well - most of the parts ordered from aliexpress and Dealextreme arrived surprisingly quickly.
Unfortunately what kept me from really starting was the lack of the printed parts.
I've ordered from this seller the parts for 40$ + 22$ delivery in the 27th of last December, on the same date I've ordered most of the parts.
he contacted me and asked to postpone the delivery to the 2nd of January this because of the holidays and I've accepted.
in the 2nd I've received a message that the parts were sent but got no tracking number or any proof that the parts were really on the way.
I've tried contacting the seller on the 20th, when it was already the last package which failed to arrive but heard nothing back.
at last at the 27th I was able to open a case and ask for my money back.
last Friday, after the still didn't answer my claims eBay refunded me .(paid using Paypal) 

Luckily I can probably get the parts from a local Reprap owner and maybe even save the delivery rate.

in the meantime I've managed to cannibalize some parts from scanners and glasses I've found and got from friends.



Cutting the glass proved to be harder than I thought.
I bought a simple glass cutter on an office supply store at about 5$ and always managed to break or chip the glasses on the first tries.

my lesson learned from this experience is after you making the initial cut, try avoiding pressure on the glass.
use boiled water or a lighter in order to create a thermal shock that eventually will break the glass without using force.

tutorials on glass are plentiful on the web, here you can find one for dummies.
of course you can go to a hardware store and buy it hassle free, but what's the fun in that?

So hopefully I'll get the printed parts soon and will be able to have a more meaningful updates soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment