Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Repstrap Alternative -challange accepted!

Decision making time

After failing to get only the printed parts, I've tried alternative sources such as asking the local Facebook reprap  group and asking a friend of a brother of a friend with no avail.

I've almost gave up and decided to find another eBay seller, when suddenly realized there is a much more interesting alternative: building a Repstrap!

Repstrap is a 3D printer built from a makeshift parts, usually used to print proper parts for a more stable Reprap.
This is exactly what I need if I choose not to wait, and actually it sounds like way more fun.
anyway I think that rebuilding and improving the printer is what most makers like to do....

so I took all the parts I have and started to build:



Meet the parts

















Building the Y Axis

Using some wooden parts and the 8mm smooth rods I've tried to create a Y axis and cradle,
unfortunately it is too low and the cradle cannot move all the way. 
I will try rebuilding it tomorrow with the rods on the top.








No comments:

Post a Comment